Jack's Snazzy Blog

Jack's Snazzy Blog

By

It came in like a wrecking ball

Am I going to die? Those were the thoughts that ran through my mind when it happened. This is a story of a moment when I thought I lost it all.

It was a normal Friday afternoon, we were all just doing guy stuff and messing around. Tripp and Cole decided to to take a ride in the golf cart. I was just standing there barefoot in the street when it happened.

Through the heavy smell of oil, and the roar of the engine, I felt that scared sensation when it happened. Then, the rotten taste of blood and the metallic taste of the golf cart’s undercarriage. That is when I realized that I had been completely run over.

I felt no pain for a moment, because I was in shock and that’s why I thought that I had perished. Then the shock went away and I looked down. All I could see was blood and bits of gravel. I was then rushed inside to be cared for, but on the way I decided to do a couple squats to make sure that I was going to be ok.

When I go back to that moment thinking am I going to die? It brought me to the other thought, am I going to go see grandpa early? I was the most scared I’ve ever been in my life. I didn’t want to lose everyone I loved. I wasn’t ready. It made me think about what I last said to people I loved. Nowadays I think about each thing I say to someone and make sure it’s something that I would be okay with if it were the last.

One Response to It came in like a wrecking ball

1. Mrs. Kriese says:

Run over?! But…how?!

Great job showing your shock and confusion–but do give us more! We have questions…